What They Taught You in Med School is Just Wrong!
Did you know that right now, it’s possible for you to take the 3-week vacation that’s been on hold for years, without your practice coming to a screeching halt?
I’ll explain how in just a second.
But first, let’s talk about why so many physicians think this is impossible.
The truth is that you’ve been LET DOWN.
Let down by the medical training that continued through residency and fellowship, that trained you to believe that maintaining complete control of every aspect of patient care is the key to a stress free, successful practice.
And on the surface, I get it. It sounds good!
Controlling and managing every aspect of taking care of your patients ensures that nothing is missed. You are the physician in charge and ultimately responsible, and you really care about your patients. You do the same with your business, because that too is your responsibility, your reputation and your life’s work. And you’re the smartest and hardest working one in the building. It’s faster and easier to do things yourself.
But let me just come right out and say it: Controlling everything is DUMB. Here’s why:
· You probably find yourself searching the computer frantically for images, labs and referral letters, so focused on the EMR that you don’t even notice that your patient is crying…
· With no time to spare, your health is suffering – you know that the stress is making your clothes too tight, your blood pressure too high, your mood depressed and exacerbating potentially devastating health issues.
· You put your business at risk. Drained and exhausted physicians make more clinical errors that lead to malpractice concerns, make more bad business decisions that lead to practice failure or selling at a bargain basement valuation.
But the biggest reason of all is the exhaustion and overwhelm that come with controlling everything has a severe impact on the people most important to you. And that’s an absolute tragedy because you may not salvage your relationships before it is too late. Divorce looms large for many. Kids are on their way to college and out of your life. Grandkids aren’t running for hugs…
So if that’s the old and DUMB way…what’s the new and SMART way?
Simple: Put Your Hands in Your Pockets and Get Out of the Way!
Here’s why this is BRILLIANT:
· You’ll see the valuable talent on your team expanding with new, innovative ideas that you haven’t even considered.
· Costly turnover will be reduced to a trickle.
· Your time with patients will be more productive, unburdened by the administrative and management tasks that you hate.
And the best part is your relationships will flourish with the extra time and energy that are freed up from the things you didn’t want to do in the first place. That’s what’s going to eliminate stress and overwhelm without putting your practice at risk.
Do you see how powerful that is?
Here’s the thing, though: no one else is teaching this. And the ones that are, don’t really understand it.
I’d love to talk you about how you can use this idea to eliminate overwhelm in just a few short months.
Click here to schedule a call with me today! We’ll come up with a strategy to get you on that vacation you’ve put off for way too long…